Westport Youth Athletic Association (WYAA) is a non-profit organization formed to build a community sports complex in Westport, Massachusetts. To build these fields, we need widespread community support! Please join us as we support the Westport Horseneck Half Marathon on May 22, 2016! We have had a great year and are closer than ever to building these fields, with much thanks to all of you -- the Westport Community!
Thanks to this community support, we've had the following recent successes:
We hosted the 2015 Babe Ruth Challenge - all youth baseball teams from T-Ball through
Majors worked to raise money and awareness of The Westport Field
Project in 2015. This program was met with such success and energy that we plan to kick off the 2016 Babe Ruth Challenge on April 9th, 2016 - Westport Youth Baseball's own Opening Day!
We've raised approximately $250,000 of cash donations in 2013 - 2015 and in February 2016, BayCoast Bank announced a pledge of $100,000!
April 9th is Opening Day in the town of Westport and the WYAA is pleased to kickoff the 2016 BABE RUTH CHALLENGE! Starting today until June 30, 2016, all Westport teams from T-Ball to Majors will help make these dreams a reality! Please join us today! Through the 2016 BABE RUTH CHALLENGE, Players & Families will be able to join team pages and set personal fundraising goals! The WYAA will provide each fundraiser with a fundraising toolkit to help spread the word through social media! The Top Fundraising Team will WIN a team outing/tailgate at the Pawtucket Red Sox with family in Summer 2015. Minimum Team Raise to win prize = $1000 or More.
Why does Westport Need Sports Fields?
- Baseball / Softball leagues have 600+ kids; 45 teams and 6 spread out play areas.
- Soccer has 500+ kids over 2 seasons.
- Kids are playing on fields that are the wrong size for their age/ability level.
- When the schools need the fields, the youth leagues get bumped.
- Field improvements are repairs must go through the School Department rather than being done on the spot.
- The Westport School Fields are not available for family or pickup games.
Now, more than ever, we need to build these fields!